The Murrow Symposium brings together experts in various fields of communication to teach and interact with the students of the College of Communication and other interested individuals, supporting the University’s mission of providing a transformative student experience. The speakers, workshop panelists and other media professionals participate in workshops throughout the day sharing their applied knowledge, selected case examples and sage advice to the students preparing for careers in the advertising, public relations, science communication, communication technology, and journalism and media production industries.
Virtually every spring since 1973, the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication at Washington State University has hosted the Murrow Symposium, an event that brings prominent media figures to the WSU Pullman campus to discuss contemporary issues facing the communication professions and offers current students the opportunity to interact with and seek valuable advice from alumni and communication professionals from across the state of Washington and beyond. Since 1997, the College has presented the Edward R. Murrow Award to members of the communication industry who exemplify a commitment to excellence and integrity emblematic of Murrow's career and legacy.
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Subject to Change)
Tuesday, April 4
- Welcoming event - WSU Alumni Center
- Murrow Professional Advisory Board meeting
- Hall of Achievement induction ceremony
- Special events that connect our advisory boards to students, including guest lectures, hands-on activities, networking events, demonstrations, student club interactions and more.
Wednesday, April 5
- Networking breakfast for students and professionals
- Professional coaching sessions including professional headshot opportunities
- Meet the Pros - Special interactive sessions that directly connect students to professionals
- Networking luncheon
- Mingle and Greet Social Hour
Join the conversation at our event page on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1125587717533551/ and check this page regularly for updates.